Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Leaving Buenos Aires

There was a part of me who so resonated with the Buenos Aires I saw that I imagined I could stay there a very long time. In that my return flight is from Brazil, it was time to move on. Gabriel and Celeste walked me to the subway and I caught trains up to Retiro, the central bus station. The scene there was a bit chaotic with three distinct terminals, of which my bus would be leaving from the farthest. Eventually I sorted it out and boarded my super-cama express to Iguazu. It was like a dream... I had a huge seat that folded down into a fully flat bed, dinner, breakfast, wine, after dinner whiskey, and at least three movies to watch. The most appropriate for the journey was Inception--with layers of accessing the unconscious which was appropos to my dream state. The meals were okay--the focus on sugar was a bit intense..how many ways can one be served leche de dulce?

No comments:

Post a Comment