Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Iguazu Falls

Yesterday, after my early morning consulate capers, I found my way over to the bus station and purchased a roundtrip ticket to the Cataratas (water falls) After boarding the bus I began rumaging through my knapsack only to discover that I had left my camera in my purse which was in my hostel room. I assessed the situation and determined that there was absolutely no way I'd be willing to miss this photo opportunity. Forfeiting my prepurchased ticket (about $2), I ran up to my room, found the camera and eventually boarded another bus. No big problema.

There are many ways to see the falls. I ended up doing it the peoples way with lots of walking and no splashy add-ons. In the end I wished I'd book a boat that circles the island below, but by then it was a bit late and I was really really tired.

View of the Garganta del Diablo (throat of the devil) -- the biggest and most dramatic of the falls...

From the edge of a walkway -- the walk ways are suspended steel -- above the jungle. The walk to each of the falls was quite long and wheelchair friendly.



Another view of the biggest fall


No comments:

Post a Comment