Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Staying at a Hostel

Back in 2001 when I left Papua New Guinea and arrived late in the evening at a Sydney Youth Hostel, I vowed to never ever stay at a such a place again. That one was teaming with young people engaged in mindless drunk conversations--my room was filled with snorers and the next morning I found myself a private room in a small hotel.

While my plan for this trip was to do a mix of couch surfing and small B&B's, Iguazu, being a mega-tourist town, does not have a couch surfing presence. I did a web search from Buenos Aires, and booked a spot in at the Chelagarto hostel. It has a swimming pool, free breakfast, free wifi, loads of friendly travellers of all ages. Last night they hosted an Asado (BBQ) with a Brazilian dance party. The toe I'd injured on the flight over was feeling much better, and so I danced. Lots of fun and the Asado was absolutely delicious.

My room has two bunk beds and each night there have been different sleepers, all who snore. Damn. I'm off to Brazil this afternoon -- and likely a night bus to San Paolo. Who knows if my fellow seat mates will be snorers....

No comments:

Post a Comment